Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. From the time that COVID-19 first appeared, we have known that our delivery of dental care would have to adapt. Over the past several weeks, we have developed protocols and gathered supplies and equipment to enhance our safety measures. We have made these preparations with the goal of continuing to safely provide the level of care that you expect in the face of the challenging time in which we find ourselves.
Our office meets and exceeds the infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
In order to provide the safest possible dental treatment, you may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- When you schedule your appointments we will be asking several health questions. The day before your appointment we will be reaching out to confirm your appointment and to check your health.
- Appointments will be spaced to allow for increased social distancing. Please remain in your car or outside of the office until a team member contacts you to come in for your appointment
- Your temperature will be taken immediately upon entering our office with a contactless infrared thermometer.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. Please bring your own devices and use our complimentary WiFi.
- Our staff will have their own health checked daily, including temperature and oxygen saturation.
- Clearly we are going to look different to you. We’ll be wearing n95 masks, gowns, face shields, and head coverings. But don’t worry, we’ll still be smiling and joking with you under all the gear.
- Medical grade HEPA air filtration will be utilized throughout the office to reduce aerosolized pathogens.
While we know that these are difficult times and there is much uncertainty as businesses reopen their doors, we feel confident that our weeks of planning and implementations will allow us to continue to safely provide the quality of care that we are known and trusted for. We have, with purpose and intent, chosen to go well beyond the new state and local health requirements as we reopen our office. We realize that a healthy smile is extremely important but the overall health of our “dental family” is paramount.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Wallach, Jill, Kristine, Mary, and Susan